It’s been a while since I updated this blog – life just got in the way – but I have now passed the 4 week mark and have stuck with it.
What I’ve noticed:
- Skin is now so soft I can’t stop touching it – especially my arms and neck
- As a side to this, I used to have really rough skin on my heels and the balls of my feet, but I noticed this morning that they are really smooth and soft, with no rough skin at all! Now I can warm up my cold feet on my boyfriend without hurting him 🙂
- We went out for brunch with some friends yesterday, and they talked about going to a chocolate shop that did choctails and crazy hot chocolate drinks, and I smiled and nodded and said, “Ooo, that sounds nice!”, but really it made me feel a bit sick just at the thought. I have no cravings at all for chocolate.
- Also, I ate a banana at work last week, and it hurt my teeth with how sweet it tasted.
- I’ve lost 3 kilos now.
- I don’t go to sleep until midnight, simply because I’m not tired, but I wake up refreshed at 7am. I work on my jewellery into the night after my boyfriend has gone to bed, now.
- I have no spots on my face, even after neglecting to take off yesterday’s makeup
- I silently judge people on their food and drinks choices now – I noticed this while waiting in line at Waitrose this afternoon.
- I’ve not had any more headaches since Week 1 (I think).
- Coffee and tea tastes great without sugar now, although I do still reach for where the pot of sugar used to be as I make it – muscle memory. Thankfully, I had put it away in the baking cupboard to avoid temptation. On the bad side of this, I can now tell when I’ve got a bad cup of coffee since I can’t mask it with sugar.
All things considered, I am definitely going to continue with being sugar-free even though the experiment comes to an end on Tuesday (sugar-free February). I’ve felt better than I have in years, and people have commented on it. I will try to keep posting updates when I have new updates to add.
Contact me if you have any questions or comments at all 🙂